sabato 20 dicembre 2014

Prehistoric ocean

Some months ago I was asked to provide some sketches to use as backclothes for the University Museum of my hometown. As always happens in this kind of job, some sketches of mine have been used and some others have been rejected.
The next one was one of the rejected ones. The original version consisted only in seaweeds, ammonites and the pliosaurus because the costumer was pretty specific about that, but, once I had my sketch rejected, I felt free to add some turtles and elasmosaurus (even if I'm not so sure elasmosaurus used to pack swim).
Today (well yesterday since it's 1 a.m. now) I was in need of something to digital paint just to keep on training and I decided to paint that old sketch.
Here there is the result:

 




8 commenti:

  1. Very beautiful picture.Is the picture made in the computer or did you sketch it first and then transfered it digitally? I like the soft tones and the shading very much.Merry Christmas to you.

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Thanks Ptr! The picture is pencil sketched on paper, then I scanned it and then digitally painted. Next time I'll post the step by step process, so you can see how I work ;) and a Merry merry Christmas to you! :)

      Elimina

LinkWithin

Related posts: